The Dickson Street Space is a beautiful little venue, ideally located in the heart of Sydney’s inner-west and regularly serviced by nearby public transport. Artists of all kinds have put the space to use as a gallery, as a conference hall, and as a rehearsal and performance space. It is a blank canvas and we invite you to make of it what you will.
- Approximately 60 square metres (8.50 x 7.25m);
- Timber floors;
- Kitchen facilities and access to toilets;
- Instantaneous radiant heating;
- Thirty stackable chairs and 4 fold-up tables available for use;
- Close to trains, buses, and king street Newtown.
Hire Charges (GST inclusive):
$24 per hour – Bookings that do not occur in sequence or on a weekly basis.
$22 per hour – Bookings, Mondays to Fridays, that occur on a consecutive weekly basis (minimum 6 weeks) and made in a single booking.
- Day Rate
$150 – Bookings of 7 consecutive hours or more.
All bookings subject to a payment of $100 bond.
Terms and Conditions of Hire:
- All hirers must be current members of the Inner West Cultural Services.
- All hirers must have their own current public liability insurance, covering their use of the Dickson Street Space. The minimum insured amount is $10,000,000.
- Hiring times: due to the residential nature of Dickson Street, times are restricted from 8 am to 9.30 pm, 7 days a week. Should you wish to hire the space outside of these times, please contact us with your request.
- The minimum hire period is 2 hours.
- Bookings can be made a maximum of 6 months in advance.
- On-going regular hire is not available on weekends.
- No amplification (including stereo sound systems) or drums.
To make a booking enquiry, click here.