The Dickson Street Space is a beautiful little venue, ideally located in the heart of Sydney’s inner-west and regularly serviced by nearby public transport. Artists of all kinds have put the space to use as a gallery, as a conference hall, and as a rehearsal and performance space. It is a blank canvas and we invite you to make of it what you will.
- Approximately 60 square metres (8.50 x 7.25m);
- Timber floors;
- Kitchen facilities and access to toilets;
- Instantaneous radiant heating and ceiling fans;
- Thirty stackable chairs and 2 fold-up tables available for use;
- Close to trains, buses, and king street Newtown.
Hire Charges (GST inclusive):
$24 per hour -Bookings that do not occur in sequence or on a weekly basis.
$22 per hour -Bookings, Mondays to Fridays, that occur on a consecutive weekly basis (minimum 6 weeks) and made in a single booking.
$20 per hour -More than seven consecutive hours.
All bookings subject to payment of $100 bond.
If you are an individual or small organisation with access to limited funding, the Inner West Cultural Services are also willing to negotiate auspicing which will provide necessary public liability insurance and a door fee arrangement. Please contact us to discuss eligibility.
Terms and Conditions of Hire:
- All hirers must be current members of the Inner West Cultural Services.
- All hirers must have their own current public liability insurance, covering their use of the Dickson Street Space. The minimum insured amount is $10,000,000.
- Hiring times: due to the residential nature of Dickson Street, times are restricted from 8 am to 9.30 pm, 7 days a week. Should you wish to hire the space outside of these times, please contact us with your request.
- The minimum hire period is 2 hours.
- Bookings can be made a maximum of 6 months in advance.
- On-going regular hire is not available on weekends.
- No amplification (including stereo sound systems) or drums.
To make a booking enquiry, click here.